Did you know?
- The Festival is a civil non-profit organization managed by people of the tourism, cultural and business communities of Québec City;
- Accommodation for participating military bands and visitors of the event generates 118 800 person-nights in the Québec City region;
- More than 150 volunteers contribute to the success of the event every year.
Facts on the 2009 attendance:
- 39 % of our clients are locals visitors;
- 38 % of our clients are visitors from the Québec province;
- 23 % of our clients are visitors from outside Québec.
Impacts of the Festival on the urban economy. The Festival:
- Generates 12,8 M $ in economics;
- Creates 154 jobs/year and/or maintains and creates full-time jobs/year;
- In synergy with other local events, contributes to maintain the Québec City lodging industry very active;
- Registered a 45 % increase in Festival participation compared to 2006.